How to rename?

Jan 29, 2011 at 1:08 AM

Hello,

I can't find a way for renaming an exising page (I don't mean the text displayed in menu, but name of URL e.g. to change form www.mydomain-name.com/sites/home/About.html to www.mydomain-name.com/sites/home/AboutUs.html ). By the way the ~/sites/home/ portion serves to what? In this context also is not clear to me what is the pasth for images (uploaded regulary into original designated home/images folder).

Also I have a sugestion: it's necesary to have a kind of "group page": this is an entry in menu, that holds another child pages, it apears in menu, but it don't have a physical page for displaying).

And also it's necesary to have news and events widgets (I named both because normaly are not identical in terms of informations, events generaly having descriptors like location etc. news only title, description (summary), content). I see some kind of news widget in Publishing panel but if I'm not wrong, it seems to be related to blog(ing).

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2011 at 2:02 PM

HI

1. Yes,in this version could not allow to chagne your page name.And no physical pages in ~/sites/home all page under this url is visual and dynamic. ~/Content/Images is MVC default image default folder you could use it. Or also could use ~/Content/Themes/YourTheme/Images to save the css style images. 
  2. You could use "Parent Page" dropdown box to select the parent page and how to extend your physical page to dynamic page please read this: http://www.dotnetage.com/publishing/home/2010/11/27/6781/extend-your-action.html
  3. On the top site you could use the publishing system as new publishing system or document library.

Thx

Jan 29, 2011 at 4:19 PM

1. When I say physical I mean that it have content. In fact I want something that apears in menu, but is unclickable: it serves only for "holding" some child pages. It must be in navigation (e.g. in breadcrumb), but not exist in terms of content.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2011 at 4:27 AM

I see , that would be a good idea! I could add the "Group" feature in the new version.