Multilingual content.

May 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I am trying to choose right CMS for a website I am working on. So far I like DotNetAge, but one of the requirements is that frontend should be in 2 languages. On each page, end user should be able to switch between languages to see current page in different language. There is a language selector for localization of the administrator side, but I do not see how content can be made bilingual. Is this functionality is built in? Is this possible to do with custom module?

Coordinator
May 14, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Hi:

The current version of DNA only have two build-in languages if you want to localize the DNA to your own you need to translate the language.resx, forums.resx and publish.resx by manual. But i have a good news for you that is i am working to add a Translator tools in new DotNetAge update, i will checkin the new update next week.

May 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Thank you for prompt response.

I understand how to localize DotNetAge interface, but what I cannot see how to have 2 versions of content that administrator of the site is going to add. We will need to have 2 versions of navigational menus for each language and 2 versions of each page. Should I have 2 subdomains? But then how to switch between pages?

Coordinator
May 14, 2011 at 6:39 PM

Oh, I understand now. Now only DotNetAge Publishing sub system could be supported globalization content, if you need to localize the page content i think you should write some widgets to match your requirement.