Nop Commerce Integration

Aug 23, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Does anyone have any how to's or any documentation on integrating Nop Commerce into DNA, I would like to 2 platforms to use the same layout engine, themes etc... also authentication and cookies. any pointers would be helpful

Thanks

Coordinator
Sep 6, 2011 at 3:48 PM

The NopCommerce seems like use the classic ASP.NET but not MVC. If you want put them work together

1.Upgrade the nopCommerce to MVC - you can wrap the nopCommerce's logic layer and data layer (if they exists) as service then in DotNetAge create widgets for the service.

2.Using HtmlViwer widget to link the user interfaces of the nopCommerce.

Sep 6, 2011 at 5:46 PM

nopcommerce 2.0 and higher is now mvc and actually the newest version 2.1 has converted everything to widgets. I am assuming I should be able to create an area and drop their sources into it, modify some of their urlactions.

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2011 at 4:58 AM

That's a good news.  This article may be helpful for you :  http://www.dotnetage.com/publishing/dna/2011/08/31/6908/create-action-base-widgets.html 

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2011 at 5:01 AM

BTW you can share the widgets (DNA widgets) for nopCommerce on DNA web gallery

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:58 PM

I will UPLD the area to you however it will not look like the original NopCommerce for the most part.

I removed Blog,Forum,News,Theme from the Original NopCommerce Source. I am also in the process on porting all textbox, lists, buttons, grids etc... to DJME.

Wrapping all NopCommerce page elements around an DNA.Widget, next would be to create a universal role and profile extensions so that user data can be shared.

for example I have ported NopCommerce ManufactureNavigation & CatagoryNavigation into a DNA.Widget and changes their unsorted list into a DNA.Tree and json databinding

So far it is looking good

Coordinator
Sep 10, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Well done! If you have any question leave me a message.